Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Success-what does it mean?

I'm somewhat atypical in my goals. My greatest desire is to be discovered. I want to be discovered in the slush pile. I want my writing to be seen at the right time, by the right eyes in the middle of the slush pile. I suppose that says a lot about who I am. I'm a simple person. For me, that would define success.
The odds are not in my favor, but when the call comes, I will know that I have attained my private measure of success.
WAIT! This has happened. My book was discovered in the slush. My little WHERE YA GOIN', OWEN, was actually discovered this way. I am a success in my own eyes.

3 comments:

Brenda Sturgis said...

You are a success in my eyes too!
You have a REAL BOOK coming out. That's a lot more than a lot of us can say.

Way to go!

Carole Brooks said...

Thank you, Brenda. That makes me smile. You're a good egg.
Love,
Carole

Ghost Girl (aka, Mary Ann) said...

That's awesome, Carole! Ah...still waiting for that dream, though I am much closer. Just sent one out to an editor who asked for it. Fingers crossed...ow! finger cramp!...still crossed!