Tuesday, February 12, 2008

As I address other issues in my life, I want to briefly post some good news.

I'm pleased and blessed to say that one of my picture books has been chosen in the top 20 choices for further consideration by Blooming Tree Press.
Two of my other books made it to the 30-40ish round of Blooming Tree Press' November call. I believe the total number of pictures books submitted was around 1500. I receive that as validation of my writing.

Also, I have a story in this month's issue of Stories for Children. In additon, I received a contributor's copy yesterday of Once Upon a Time Magazine with my first article written for the adult children's writers market. As well, I await word from Donna German on my picture book that she is "thinking" about, knowing full well that word will probably not come in the near future. Here's to the future, folks!

Carole

8 comments:

Stephanie J. Blake said...

Carole, I'm not sure what is happening with you, but I wanted to say hello and tell you I'm thinking of you.

Congrats on the story in SFC and congrats on making it to the final rounds at BTP!

It's all going to happen for you!

HUGS.

Stephanie

Anonymous said...

So nice to hear your voice Carole which has been quiet for a while.
Congratlations on your good news, I would love to read your article!
Also, fingers crossed with BTP, quite an accomplishment to be chosen out of 1500 manuscripts. Way to go my very fine friend. You are talented and your efforts are paying off.

Love to you,
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear from you.

Love,

Lill

Write2ignite said...

I hope to see more Carole posts soon! :)

Hugs,
Donna

Heather Rising said...

Carole, you have been tagged!

www.risingauthor.blogspot.com

(Frauheather from the BB)

Write2ignite said...

Just stopping by to say HI!! I don't know if everything is still topsy-turvsy right now for you, but I pray you are sailing on calmer waters right now.

hugs,
Donna

Cate Gardner said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Stephanie J. Blake said...

Carole,
We've missed you at the blueboards.

Please pop on and say hello. We'd all like to know what you are up to.

Stephanie