Thursday, October 18, 2007

My Writing Background

Sometimes I feel embarrassed because I'm not one of those who can say, "I've been writing stories all my life." I'm amazed when I read how people began writing; some date back to first grade or so.
I've had three experiences in my past that suggested perhaps, maybe, I could write and that's it! Just three and they were long ago. I never did feel it until recently. So I don't have a lot of background to brag about. Everything I've written and submitted has been just this past year. November is my writing/subbing birthday. I will soon be one (year old). : )
In case you're wondering here's my writing past:
1. I had an instructor at Indiana University Purdue University at Indianapolis ask my permission to use a paper I wrote as an example for future classes.
2. We had to write a picture book when I took kiddie lit at the same university and the prof said, "You should try to get this published."
3. I passed out of that writing class that sometimes they make you take in order to get into school. So I got credit for a 101 writing class at the University of Indianapolis, before actually being a credit seeking student.

That's it. That's my past experience. As a famous pig would say, "Th, th, th, that's all folks!"

ps. A previous post explains another situation, a deeper-level-soul-type experience that brought my writing life into being, albeit personal, and explains how I evolved.

And why do I write for children? One reason--I love it.

No comments: